The Birds of the Yasuni in Ecuador, among the richest avifauna in the Rainforest!
The Yasuni as we all know the most biodiverse place on Earth. Birds are among the diverse groups of animals found in this unique location in the Amazon Basin.
When you arrive in the Yasuni, you will be welcomed by tropical birds getting diffused by the motion of the city.
As as you leave the rumbling city you will be entering to listen to a complete tune, the sounds of the forest and my are from birds living by.
It means, that an easy day would go birding whether by walk or by boat, car and sometimes by bike.
Plan and come to visit many locations to watch birds, many species can be easily found from here.
The Yasuni Biosphere Reserve in Ecuador in the evergreen lowlands rainforest in the Western Amazon Basin can be visited in 30 minutes fly from Quito.
You can pick from many locations to watch birds by the Napor River, Coca City, Limoncocha, Taracoa, Pompeya, Dayuma.
Locations with tourism experience would be ready to perform better experience of birdwatching.
The Most Common Birds to Watch in the Yasuni Biosphere Reserve
The most abundant species to be found in the Yasuni in Ecuador would depend on where you are in the moment of watching birds.
Let’s imaging, we all are in the canopy after reaching the last frontier of the Rainforest, many tourist facilities have canopy towers and another way to observe this realm closer. Check some of the birds to be found while there.
Birds to be found in the Canopy of the Yasuni
- Paradise Tanager (Tangara chilensis)
- Violaceaou Jay(Cyanocorax violaceus)
- Russet-backed Oropendola(Psarocolius angustifrons)
- Yellow-backed Cacique (Cacicus cela)
- Orange-bellied Euphonia (Euphonia xanthogaster)
- Spangled Cotinga(Cotinga cayana)
- Great Potoo (Legatus leucophaius) and others.
Let’s imaging you are exploring the realms of the pristine forest and you are in an entangled forest, check some of the bird to pay attention to this forest location
Birds to be found in the Sub Canopy of the Yasuni
- Collared Puffbird (Bucco capensis)
- Mouse-colored Antshrike (Thamnophilus murinus)
- Yellow-billed Jacamar (Galbula albirostris)
- Blue-crowned Manakin (Lepidothrix coronata)
- Common Potoo Nyctibius griseus)
- Black-necked Red Cotinga (Phoenicircus nigricollis)
- Red-necked Woodpecker (Campephilus rubricollis) and others.
Birds to be found in the Understory of the Yasuni
- Undulated Tinamou (Crypturellus undulatus)
- Gray-winged Trumpeter (Psophia crepitans)
- Salvins’s Curassow (Mitu salvini)
- Sooty Antbird (Myrmeciza fortis)
- Rusty-belted Tapaculo (Liosceles thoracicus)
- Thrush-like- Antpitta (Myrmothera campanisona)
- Ringed Antpipit (Corythopis torquatus) and others.
The Habitats Birds can be found in the Yasuni
The different habitats formations in the Yasuni have not to change for quite a long time, the diversity of the avian fauna have adapted to live inside, the entire forest structure is suitable for life, birds found food all over the forest, the amount was endless, life was boasting.
Habitats of the Yasuni Biosphere Reserve
Birds easily recognize the places more suitable for some creatures with specific needs such as food and shelter; birds patrolled long distances for fruits, insects, nesting materials, and so on.
- Floodplain Forest; Flat, tall forest with seasonal flooding records.
- Terra firme; Hilly forest with no flood record in the last 100 years. away from large rivers.
- Flooded Forest; Short forest at edges of large Oxbow Lakes
- Moriche Swamp; Dense accumulation of moriche palm and other swampy plants
- River Islands; Special habitat entire regulated by the rainfall
The Conservation of the Birds of the Yasuni National Park
The Conservation of the Birds in the Yasuni is an arguable topic case, recent studies have shown the birds are declining about 60% of its population. Due to Global Insects dropping Population.
Conservation is always among the most avoidable topic in all Conversations of all social status inside the Governmental Agencies.
Everyone associated with the Yasuni and the rest of Ecuador Biodiversity, sees, feels, notices, and accepted the economical dynamics Ecuador is involved in.
- Hunting still Happening; thousands of people live around the Biological reserve and most have no clue they live inside the Reserve and don’t know how to behave.
- Logging still Happening; thousands of people still chopping trees like if there is no tomorrow, large trucks are moving giants tree every night.
- Agriculture Encroaching still Happening; a large amount of land is given to development families and political friends
- Oil Field Opening still Happening, the eternal fight against poverty ensure more oil fields.
- Palm Oil Plantations accepted and Happening; a brand new idea to fight poverty.
Democracy and Development are a long shot for Amazonian realities, everyone agrees big changes are coming by the end of the square and nobody is ready.
From little to nothing can be easy applied to all governmental actions, for instance making stupid economical and political decisions from decade to decade.
The prime motivation in the political agenda is to use nature as the source of bringing cash into the country, nature as prime and sole investor in Ecuador’s Economy.
Conservation takes a different lead, Conservation is a huge avenue of opportunities for local entrepreneurs.
Conservation can be profitable as a business and exist wide niches of opportunities to make a living helping the environment.
Sumaco Nahui an online platform to collect funds to establish restoration projects in the Cloud forest in Ecuador.
Yasuni Wildlife an Online Platform that sells digital and print goods collect all sell to buy the property and plant trees in the Yasuni Biosphere Reserve in Ecuador.
Tourism with a pursuit in the Yasuni is helping to rethink the value behind the biodiversity for the coming years.